I have been practicing Physical Therapy for 24 years, and have extensive training and experience in treatment of the spine and extremities for both acute and chronic problems. I am a physical therapist people often come to see when prior treatments have not worked well enough, when they've been told they just have to live with their problem. I offer a different perspective and specialized treatment approaches.
I treat both adults and children, helping them to reach their full potential of being as pain-free and active as possible.
I provide hands-on treatment and take the time to treat each person’s problems in the context of a whole person, with each part of the body working together. My patients have said that I help give them hope to get their lives back, experiencing the freedom of movement that allows them to enjoy living again.
Common Problems Treated
Common diagnoses of people who come to see me include:
- Chronic pain
- Myofascial pain
- Back or neck pain
- Sciatica or Radiculopathy
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint pain
- TMJ disorders
- Arthritis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Degenerative Disc Disease
- Post-surgical unresolved pain or loss of mobility
- A variety of diagnoses indicating pain or loss of mobility in any joint or muscle / tendon / ligament / bursa (e.g., shoulder tendonitis, hip bursitis, IT band syndrome, patello-femoral pain syndrome, plantar fasciitis)
I specialize in manual therapy techniques to treat soft tissue dysfunction, including myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, and strain counterstrain. I treat joint dysfunction using muscle energy and joint mobilization. I use postural restoration and neuromuscular reeducation techniques to address abnormal movement patterns and muscle imbalances of the whole body.
Each of my patients receives a customized home program to help maintain and improve upon changes made during treatment sessions.